26 February 2008

Procrastination: I want to try this!

Ok, so maybe I was overplaying my drive to write my thesis ;)

Y'all can call me crazy (or crazier than you normally think I am), but I think this looks like a lot of fun:

Surf Boating, or Surf Rowing



I've always preferred rowing to paddling, though I enjoy both. Rowing is a great workout and very enjoyable for me; I just wish I could do it more regularly.

I don't imagine that rowing against heavy surf is even remotely easy, but I'll bet riding a wave in a boat is about as fun as riding a wave on a surf board.

It looks like surf rowing would add a lot more adrenaline and a definite element of danger. And frankly, I think it looks like a blast.



Don't worry HSBP, it's also a competitive sport. Boats launch from the beach and navigate to a buoy where they turn around and race back to the beach, catching and riding the waves into shore.

This might be one of the few competitive sports I could really get into.



Anyone want to run away to Australia or New Zealand with me to try it?

2 comments:

Linus said...

Are you sure this is about the rowing? Are you trying to tell me that this has nothing to do with all the hot, tanned, Aussie boys in this sport?

I'm on to you, man... :)

MightyMightyMax said...

Well, the hot Aussie boys are definitely a plus ;)